Derwent Valley is proud to be a member of The Right Place program.
The Right Place aims to better connect people with health and community services. It is a health literacy initiative, originating in the Huon Valley, which is assisting communities to enhance knowledge of available services and support access to local health and community services. The Right Place initiative aims to address the locally identified need for:-
- Improved access to health and community services in the local area
- Improved coordination of the health and community services in the local area
- Improved health literacy of the community and member organisations
- Ensuring people are referred to the right service, in the right place at the right time
The locally identified needs will be addressed by:
- Improving service provider and community members’ knowledge of services
- Communication through providing direct information and support in an accessible way
- Building connection between services.
All information contained in The Right Place Quick Reference Guide and Service Guide and the service mapping is correct at the time of printing, however is subject to change as service providers change. Every effort is made to keep information up to date.