Alterations to Kerbside Recycling Collection Service
Council has entered into a new long term arrangement with its kerbside recycling contractor, which has led to a required change in the week that the fortnightly kerbside recycling is collected. Click here to view the recycling calendar.
Your yellow wheelie bin should be placed kerbside each fortnight along with your existing bin on your collection day. Please ensure that your bins are placed at least 1 metre apart at the kerb.
What goes in my Recycle Wheelie Bin?
- Paper and Cardboard - flatten boxes and place all cardboard and paper LOOSE in the bin. Do not jam boxes into your bin as they may cause blockages when being emptied;
- Glass Bottles and Jars - any coloured glass, bottles or jars can be recycled;
- Aluminium and Steel - food and drink cans Plastic Bottles - Clear and coloured plastic bottles and jars;
- Liquid Paperboard Cartons (eg Milk cartons)
Please rinse all containers and remove lids.
Do not bundle paper and cardboard.
Please do NOT include the following in your recycling
- Broken Glass
- Food Scraps
- Garden Waste
- Household Chemicals or oils
- Household Rubbish
- Light Globes
- Medical Waste
- Pizza Boxes
- Plastic Bags
- Plastic Meat Trays
- Polystyrene foam
- Sharps (syringes)
- Spray Cans
- Unwashed Containers
- Window Glass or mirrors
Recycling Centres for glass, aluminium and steel cans can be found at the Peppermint Hill refuse site and adjecent to Molesworth Primary School.
Need a New Recycling Bin?
If your yellow recycling bin is destroyed or missing please visit the Council Chambers and our Customer Services staff will issue you with a replacement. The Southern Waste Strategy Authority website provides information for the people of Southern Tasmania, to assist in the responsible management of your waste.
For more information on recycling please visit the Planet Ark web site.