Mayor Ben Shaw would like to announce that while Council chambers are closed to the public to protect staff and the community from COVID-19, it’s not currently possible for members of the public to attend Council meetings.
To keep the community informed and provide transparency, we will be video recording the Council meeting and will make the recording available as soon as possible on our website.
KEY POINTS TO NOTE:
- Council’s 21 May meeting will commence at 6:00 pm and will be video and audio recorded and made available on Council‘s website.
- Members of the public will not be able to attend the meeting in person
- Public questions can be submitted to the Executive Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org by email up to 5.30pm on Thursday 21 May 2020. Public Question Time forms are available from the council website.
- In accordance with the Local Government (Meeting Procedures) Regulations 2015 the chairperson of an ordinary council meeting may refuse to accept a question from a member of the public or may require a question from a member of the public asked without notice to be put on notice and in writing to be answered at a later ordinary council meeting.
- The agenda for the meeting will be available on the afternoon of Friday 15 May
I thank you for your support and patience as we navigate these unprecedented circumstances.
For more information on how Council is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic please visit our dedicated page.