This position is responsible for providing a first point of contact between the community and Council, providing excellent customer service and administrative support to the Council as required.
- Provide customer focused service delivery as the initial contact point, by either phone or face-to-face, assessing customer needs and resolving customer enquiries.
- Provide customers with accurate information and advice on Council processes and services.
- Arrange referrals where necessary to appropriate Council Officers.
- Provide administrative, data entry, word processing support and general office duties as required.
- Undertake accurate and timely service transactions with daily reconciliations of receipts and banking.
- Registration of all outgoing and incoming mail, including dissemination to staff.
- Administer Council’s Customer Request System and process bookings for Council facilities.
- Ensure that Council forms and information packs are readily available to the public.
- Work as part of a flexible team whilst working collaboratively with other Council staff to ensure quality customer outcomes.
- Ensure office procedures are adhered to and that the office is properly maintained and equipped.
To be successful you will have:-
- Certificate III in Business or Accounts Administration or equivalent and/or demonstrated experience in a customer-centric position. Prior experience in Local Government will be well received.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships with customers and internal groups. Ability to listen, understand and adapt to an audience with a high level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated high level of time management, prioritisation and conflict resolution skills with the ability to perform tasks with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated good level of computer literacy and accuracy with the ability to operate the Microsoft suite of applications and ability to learn new software.
- Experience with cash handling, receipting and balancing skills and understanding of accounting principles relevant to the role.
Derwent Valley Council is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from multicultural backgrounds and people identifying as LGBTIQ.
We strive to deliver exceptional service and embrace the values of Quality Service, Collaboration, Growth, Integrity and Wellbeing you will receive a range of benefits and a supportive work environment.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake pre-employment checks including, but not limited to, National Police Check and pre-employment medical and must have Australian Citizenship or a working employment Visa.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this role, please do so by submitting your application directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your resume and covering letter which must also address the selection criteria. Only applications addressing the selection criteria will be accepted.
Applications close 5pm on 27 June 2021.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact the Customer Service Team Leader, Louise Ryder on 03 6261 8500.
Reading the Employment Information Pack will help you to prepare your application for employment with us.